[ncl-talk] different labels than contour interval

Kyle Griffin ksgriffin2 at wisc.edu
Thu Nov 13 09:25:18 MST 2014

Hi Don,

You can explore the controls over the label bar labels (lbLabelxxxxx) at:

https://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Graphics/Resources/lb.shtml#lbLabelAlignment

lbLabelStride = 5 would work to give you only every 5 on the color bar.

A bit more time consuming would be to explicitly set the lbLabelStrings =
should also get the job done - you might also need to set lbLabelStride = 1
to make sure the strings apply to the correct labels.

Kyle S. Griffin
Department of Atmospheric and Oceanic Sciences
University of Wisconsin - Madison
Room 1421
1225 W Dayton St, Madison, WI 53706
Email: ksgriffin2 at wisc.edu