[ncl-talk] Change wrf-chem input using nil

Zheng Lu cfluzheng at gmail.com
Thu Nov 6 14:35:42 MST 2014

Dear NCL group,

I would like to write new values in wrffirechemi_d01(one input for
wrf-chem). However, wrf can not read the netcdf that I prepared.

for example, in ncl file, I wrote the following lines in a "do-end do"loop:

in->ebu_in_pm25(indices)= 0.1*avariable
in->FIRESIZE_AGSV(indices)=1000.0

then wrf model can actually read FIRESIZE_AGSV but not ebu_in_pm25
I also ncdump the wrffire file. I find that the attributes and dimension
size of ebu_in_pm25 and another fileds, such as ebu_in_pm10 (I do not
modify the value of pm10 at all) are the same..

Could you and/or wrf chem help group please help me with this problem.
Thanks a million!

Zheng