[ncl-talk] query bout "ESMF_regridding.ncl"

Dennis Shea shea at ucar.edu
Wed Nov 5 07:45:10 MST 2014

re: "After the interpolation, I want to largely keep the peak points in the
source data (2D) in place instead of being smoothed out as well as largely
keep the total amount conserved"

I doubt this can be done by any of the available methods:

bilinear, finite element patch recovery or first-order conservative
regridding