[ncl-talk] query bout "ESMF_regridding.ncl"

Sha Feng sfeng at mail.usf.edu
Tue Nov 4 22:11:24 MST 2014

Hi there,

I am trying to interpolate a regional 0.01 deg scattering-distributed filed (source) to a 1.3-km WRF domain (destination) using ESMF regridding tool but puzzled by what to be assigned to "InterpMethod" .  After the interpolation, I want to largely keep the peak points in the source data (2D) in place instead of being smoothed out as well as largely keep the total amount conserved. Do you have suggestion for this purpose?

A reference would be much helpful as well if available. I couldn't find clear description in the ESMF_regridding.ncl code.

Thanks,
-Sha