[ncl-talk] Regridding irregularly spaced data onto a regular grid

Dave Allured - NOAA Affiliate dave.allured at noaa.gov
Sat Jul 26 17:24:25 MDT 2014

Zilore,

Please look at the first example on the Station Data example page:
http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/station.shtml

You said that you wanted to plot contours.  This simple example plots
contours WITHOUT first putting data on a regular grid.  It uses a
triangular mesh plotting technique.  For irregular coordinates, this
technique will actually make a more accurate contour map than one made from
a regular grid.

Will this example meet your needs?  My apologies if this was already
discussed previously.

--Dave