[ncl-talk] Regridding irregularly spaced data onto a regular grid

zilore mumba zmumba at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 26 16:40:39 MDT 2014

I have x,y,z data on an irregularly spaced geographical grid, which I want to put on a regular grid to be able to plot contours.
My data is below (id, long., lat., rainfall).
01  28.92  -2.47  286.5
02  29.02  -2.68  168.8
03  29.25  -1.67  243.4
04  29.42  -2.07  204.9
05  29.55  -1.58  286.9
06  29.57  -2.48  230.
07  29.6   -1.5   177.5
08  29.72  -2.18  290.
09  30.05  -1.6   206.5
10  30.13  -1.97  178.1
11  30.5   -2.15  156.7
My sincere apologies because this is a question I already asked more than 6 months ago and I still have not found a solution.
The question is: Is it possible to do what I want to do in ncl?
1. I have tried 2dgrid.ncl which seems to but am not able to figure out how to write output to file, and the z values all seem to be above 370 (well above what I have in my file).
2. I have try the Fortran single precision linear interpolation at Natgrid Examples and run the fortran program with ncargf77 filename I get the errors below:
Advice will be appreciated.

ncargf77 natgrid.f
gfortran -fPIC -fno-second-underscore -fno-range-check -fopenmp -O natgrid.f -L/usr/local/lib -L/usr/X11R6/lib64 -lncarg -lncarg_gks -lncarg_c -lX11 -lXext -lcairo -lfontconfig -lpixman-1 -lfreetype -lexpat -lpng -lz -liconv -lXrender -lbz2
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lX11
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lXext
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lcairo
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lfontconfig
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lpixman-1
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lfreetype
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lexpat
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -liconv
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lXrender
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lbz2

Natgrid Examples
Natgrid examples Overview This module contains source codes for all of the examples
referenced by the other modules in the documentation. Links to all
of the example plots are provided.
View on w3.pppl.gov Preview by Yahoo