[ncl-talk] vertically integrated moisture flux convergence

tms_l littithomas at gmail.com
Sat Dec 20 05:34:59 MST 2014

hi,

The usage of the functions for moisture flux convergence is not much clear
to me.I have to calculate the moisture flux convergence between pressure
levels 850hpa AND 200hpa pressure levels..and I THINK i need to consider
the specific humidity at 850 & 200 hpa pressure levels too ...finally
integrating between the two pressure levels to get the moisture flux
convergence...

I already calculated the wind divergence at two pressure levels using the
function, uv2dvG_Wrap..I am not clear about the next step..

can anyone describe it little more..how to use the functions to get the
moisture flux convergence..

thanks in advance