[ncl-talk] TIMED/SABER NASA Data

Dennis Shea shea at ucar.edu
Fri Dec 12 13:44:22 MST 2014

Looking at the global attributes, this is Level 2 data (likely SWATH)  that
has been converted
from HDF to netCDF. The SABER dimensions are:

 dimensions:
      altitude = 370
      vector = 3
      event = 32577

===
By analogy, you could possibly use Examples 2 & 3 at
      http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/cloudsat.shtml

That HDF-EOS file has

   dimensions:
      nray_2B_CLDCLASS = 37082
      scalar_2B_CLDCLASS = 1
      nbin_2B_CLDCLASS = 125

I do not know what the 'vector' dimension is but I would speculate that

SABER            CLOUDSAT
altitude             nbin_2B_CLDCLASS
event                nray_2B_CLDCLASS

========
Unlike the CLOUDSAT which has 1D time and must be conformed to 2D,
the SABER file looks like that has been done!

EASY!

Once you have completed a nice example, please contribute to NCL.
It can be included on NCL's Application page ... with attribution, of
course.

Cheers