[ncl-talk] Coastlines and non-structured grid

Mathieu Dutour mathieu.dutour at gmail.com
Fri Dec 5 06:40:52 MST 2014

Dear all,

I managed to use NCL with success for doing plots of structured
and non-structured meshes.

However, I want sometimes to plot idealized cases where the
"LonLat" system is not really adequate and do plots in X, Y
without using any coastlines. Is there a way to do that? All examples
given on the web site have coastlines of some sort.

Secondly, there is a push now to have non-structured meshes
for which the elements can be
a) lines (for river for example)
b) triangles (for resolving the coastline say)
c) squares (for middle of the ocean where we want high order schemes
    there)
Is there a way to do this kind of plots? If not what routines should one
need to modify in order to achieve that?

  Mathieu