[ncl-talk] cloudsat data

Dennis Shea shea at ucar.edu
Tue Dec 2 23:10:52 MST 2014

ncl-talk does not have any of these files readily available.

wrt: 'how to plot lat-lon map using the data when the data is not on
regular grids and is not a function of lat and lon separately'
This is not clear ... ?lat and lon separately?

The http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/Scripts/cloudsat_1.ncl
example file had the lat and lon as part of the file.

NCL can plt 'anything' if the lat/lon data are available.
egL satellite swath data:  http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/HDF.shtml

More cloudsat info is at:

http://www.cloudsat.cira.colostate.edu/dataICDlist.php?go=list&path=/2B-CLDCLASS

Good luck