[ncl-talk] cloudsat data

Anusha sathyanadh anushacalicut at gmail.com
Tue Dec 2 22:29:07 MST 2014

Dear NCL users,

I have a doubt concerning how to to use cloudsat 2B-CLDCLASS data for
vertical and horizontal classification of clouds. the product gives
cloud_scenario and  height with dimension of (nbin,nray). I have gone
through the ncl talks regarding this and tried the instructions listed. I
could plot the satellite path and height from the data. but I wish to know
how to plot lat-lon map using the data when the data is not on regular
grids and is not a function of lat and lon separately...
cloud reflectivity lat lon map is plotted in this program
https://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/Scripts/cloudsat_1.ncl..is it
possible for cloud scenario??

waiting for your suggestions..

--

*ANUSHA SATHYANADHSenior Research FellowDeparment of Atmospheric and Space
SciencesPune university*