[ncl-talk] Fwd: Query

Maria Gehne - NOAA Affiliate maria.gehne at noaa.gov
Thu Aug 28 13:24:32 MDT 2014

Hi Kunal,

I think what you want is the land-sea mask that is distributed with NCL.
Look at example 5 on the page http://ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/mask.shtml .
The first example, which you were trying to use it seems, expects the file
you load to have a variable orography associated with it. This is not the
default behavior for netcdf files! Example 5 on the other hand uses the
land-sea mask that comes with NCL and you can use that to mask values over
the ocean or over land without having to specify your own orography data.

Maria