[ncl-talk] Display not fully functional with NCL 6.2 and Ubuntu 14.04

ashwinD12 . winash12 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 26 03:56:26 MDT 2014

Hello,
          A hardware problem forced an upgrade of OS from Ubuntu 12.04 to
14.04( a new install actually). Now the display is broken. Well It is only
the x11 part of it that is broken. It is garbled and some pieces are
missing. The same display works when I try with png. There is no problem at
all. All the pieces of the graph are viewable. When I try with x11 however
some lines are displayable and others are missing and still others are
garbled.
Any suggestions ?

This is what I have on my .tcshrc -

# X client machine
setenv DISPLAY  :0.0

# NCARG ROOT
setenv NCARG_ROOT /usr/local/ncl-6.2.0
setenv PATH $NCARG_ROOT/bin:$PATH

#
setenv LD_LIBRARY_PATH
/usr/local/lib:/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libgfortran.so.3

source /opt/intel/bin/ifortvars.csh intel64

source /opt/intel/bin/iccvars.csh intel64