[ncl-talk] Calculating AMOC using triangular grids? is it possible using NCL?

Dennis Shea shea at ucar.edu
Mon Aug 25 18:12:31 MDT 2014

The "moc_1.ncl" script t is a simplistic code used for NCOM output.

Take a look at
http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Functions/Built-in/moc_globe_atl.shtml

which is the function that computes MOC based on vertical transports.  This
works for a generalized spherical (quadrilateral) grid such as POP and it
should work also for triangular cells.