[ncl-talk] Problem creating ".png" file with map

Walter Hannah whannah at atmos.colostate.edu
Mon Aug 18 08:59:02 MDT 2014

Hi,

I've been having this peculiar problem with NCL lately that only happens
when I use gsn_csm_contour_map() and try to ouput the image as a ".png"
file. If I use another type of plot, like gsn_csm_xy, I do not have this
problem. If I use "x11" or "pdf" I do not have this problem. The error
message I get is this:

    dyld: lazy symbol binding failed: Symbol not found:
    ___emutls_get_address
       Referenced from: /Users/whannah/NCL/bin/ncl
       Expected in: /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib

    dyld: Symbol not found: ___emutls_get_address
       Referenced from: /Users/whannah/NCL/bin/ncl
       Expected in: /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib

    Trace/BPT trap: 5

Here's some relevant info about my system:

    Macbook w/ OSX 10.9.4
    NCL 6.2.0 - installed using the precompiled binary:
    ncl_ncarg-6.2.0.MacOS_10.9_64bit_nodap_gcc481
    GCC - version 4.8.3 - Homebrew gcc48 (/usr/local/bin/gcc)

    /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib is currently a symbolic to
    /usr/local/lib/libSystem.B.dylib, but this doesn't seem to make any
    difference

I'm guessing that this has to do with setting DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH, but I
can't figure it out.

Thanks,
Walter