[ncl-talk] Problem with overlay plot

Mary Haley haley at ucar.edu
Thu Aug 14 09:33:15 MDT 2014

Ipsita,

I'm not exactly sure how you want your final plot to look, but the
"overlay" procedure really is meant to be used to do simply overlays of
say, contours on a map, or vectors on contours on a map, etc.

It looks like you are trying to attach some plots via X and/or Y axes, and
then try to use these as overlays, which won't work. The gsn_attach_plots
(which is perhaps poorly named) is simply meant to join several plots
together along a given axis.

My suggestion is to overlay the plots *before* you call gsn_attach_plots.

If you continue to have problems, please describe your desired result in
more detail, and what you are currently getting of your script that isn't
correct.

As always, it helps if you can provide a full script and your data so we
can run the script here.