[ncl-talk] asii data plot on map

Mary Haley haley at ucar.edu
Thu Aug 7 09:40:13 MDT 2014

Saurabh,

You first said you had an ascii matrix, and then you said point data.  We
have examples of plotting both, but depending on whether you have point
data or matrix data, the NCL script will look different.  I think of point
data as being random in nature.

You can see a basic example of plotting point data at:

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/station.shtml

The first example is probably the one you want. This example also reads the
data in from an ASCII file.

If this is not what you're talking about, then please email ncl-talk again.

--Mary