[ncl-install] Problems installing NCL on Windows 10 Linux Bash shell

Jim Schiavone jimschiavone at gmail.com
Mon Jun 11 16:03:17 MDT 2018

Update: I now installed the csh and libssh2-1 packages and confirmed that
csh functions. Then I emptied the ncl-6.4.0 directory using rm -r and
reinstalled ncl_ncarg-6.4.0-Debian7.11_64bit_gnu472.tar.gz but the ncl -V
installation test still yields the same error:

"ncl: error while loading shared libraries: librtmp.so.0: cannot open shared
object file: No such file or directory"

How can I fix this to get NCL to install?

Thanks.

Jim

James A. Schiavone

Independent Scientist*

Bridgewater, NJ

Phone: 908-658-3158

* Collaborating with Rutgers University, Cray and NCAR