[ncl-install] NCL/PyNGL Anaconda test - Some result

Mary Haley haley at ucar.edu
Sun Mar 13 18:05:00 MDT 2016

She-Pei,

Thanks so much for testing our conda installation, and providing a summary
of the results.

NCL tests:

Is the conda version of NCL causing a segmentation fault on all examples,
or just a subset of them? I couldn't reproduce the results when I tried the
conda ncl on mptick_5.ncl and maponly_3.ncl.  Also, are you getting any
errors from running these tests, or just a "segmentation fault"?

It's quite possible that this problem is from an environment issue, for
example, if NCARG_ROOT is set incorrectly, or else other NCARG_XXXX
environment variables are set that are not consistent with the "conda" path.

To make sure your environment looks okay, could you email me the following
output, from your "ncl_test" conda environment:

  ncl -V
  which ncl
  env | grep NCARG

PyNGL/PyNIO tests:

I think the failure on the opendap test is because that file no longer
exists, but we'll look into this.

The errors about NetCDF not supporting 64-bit longs may be coming from a
test that is expected to fail (the "test2.7.sh" is a PyNIO test suite, by
the way, and not a PyNGL test suite).

Do you have a full output file that you could email me from the test2.7.sh
run, so I can see which tests are failing? You can just mail it to me if
you prefer.

--Mary