[ncl-install] Why the ncl installed with "condo" contain no "ESMF_RegridWeightGen" function ?

林祥 xianglin72 at icloud.com
Sun Dec 18 16:49:15 MST 2016

Hi, all

        I’ve just installed ncl 6.3.0 with conda following the instruction in http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Download/conda.shtml <http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Download/conda.shtml>.

The installation is successful, however, when I run a script, I met a error message as listed below.

       (ncl_stable) linx:CMIP5_SIC linx$ ncl esmf_regrid_6_sic.ncl

 Copyright (C) 1995-2015 - All Rights Reserved
 NCAR Command Language Version 6.3.0
 The use of this software is governed by a License Agreement.
 See http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/ for more details.

  ……

 sh: ESMF_RegridWeightGen: command not found
fatal:The result of the conditional expression yields a missing value. NCL can not determine branch, see ismissing function
fatal:["Execute.c":8575]:Execute: Error occurred at or near line 2938 in file $NCARG_ROOT/lib/ncarg/nclscripts/esmf/ESMF_regridding.ncl

fatal:["Execute.c":8575]:Execute: Error occurred at or near line 4027 in file $NCARG_ROOT/lib/ncarg/nclscripts/esmf/ESMF_regridding.ncl

fatal:["Execute.c":8575]:Execute: Error occurred at or near line 143 in file esmf_regrid_6_sic.ncl

I found that there is no ESMF_RegridWeightGen in the corresponding directory (/Users/linx/miniconda2/envs/ncl_stable/bin/),
  different from the case in which ncl is installed in the other way.

(ncl_stable) linx:CMIP5_SIC linx$ which ncl
/Users/linx/miniconda2/envs/ncl_stable/bin/ncl

Anyone can give me some suggestion? Thanks!

Lin