[ncl-install] ESMF regrid error

Mary Haley haley at ucar.edu
Thu Dec 15 09:11:11 MST 2016

Lijun,

The software for ESMF_RegridWeightGen requires a GNU compiler of version
4.2 or higher.

The binary you downloaded:

ncl_ncarg-6.3.0.Linux_RHEL5.11_x86_64_gcc412.tar.gz
<https://www.earthsystemgrid.org/download/fileDownload.html?logicalFileId=e0883d0b-cd9a-11e4-bb80-00c0f03d5b7c>

was compiled with gcc version 4.1.2.  This was an older system with an
older compiler, and we were unable to compile ESMF_RegridWeightGen on it.

I suggest upgrading to a newer version of LINUX if possible, and then also
upgrading to a newer gcc compiler so you can download a more current NCL
binary.  The rest of the NCL binaries should all have ESMF_RegridWeightGen
included.

--Mary