[ncl-install] ncl 6.2.1 not running on MacOS10.9

Hana Khan hmkhan at ucla.edu
Thu Mar 12 11:06:01 MDT 2015

This January I tried to install the latest ncl version 6.2.1 on a MacOS
10.9.5. I downloaded the following pre-compiled binary:
ncl_​ncarg-​6.​2.​1.​MacOS_​10.​9_​64bit_​nodap_​gcc481.​tar.​gz
<https://www.earthsystemgrid.org/download/fileDownload.htm?logicalFileId=15ff20d5-351e-11e4-a4b4-00c0f03d5b7c>
.

It wasn't until recently when I tried using some functions only available
for version 6.2 that I got errors and noticed the ncl I'm running is
showing up as version 6.1.2 instead of the latest one. I tried to
re-install again and got the same messages (functions weren't recognized
and ver 6.1.2 running again).

The latest version is the only version I've attempted to install on my Mac.

I would really appreciate it if someone can help me get the latest one
running so I can use the new functions.

Thank you,
Hana