[ncl-install] ncl 6.2.1 not running on MacOS10.9

Mary Haley haley at ucar.edu
Thu Mar 12 11:52:05 MDT 2015

Hana,

Did you actually gunzip and untar the 6.2.1 tar file in the directory where
you wanted to install the software? It's not enough to just download this
file.

If you have already done this, then the next thing you need to do is
 update your NCARG_ROOT environment variable and your search path to point
to the location of the 6.2.1 software.

For more information, please see:

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Download/install.shtml#SetNCARG_ROOT

You can test things by typing the following at the UNIX prompt:

which ncl
ncl -V
printenv NCARG_ROOT

--Mary