[ncl-install] does not locate libgfortran.3.dylib on mac

sangeeta maharjan sangeetamaharjan at gmail.com
Sat Dec 28 22:16:18 MST 2013

Hi Mary,
I followed your instruction and I found libgfortran.3.dylib at
/Users/ramsir/Downloads/usr/local/lib.

I have included the same path to DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH in .bash_profile
file but still
MacBook-Pro:ncl-6.1.2 root#  ng4ex gsun01n -clean

 NCAR Graphics NCL Example <gsun01n>

 This example was set up to display the output to an
 X11 window.

  Copying gsun01n.ncl

 Running NCL...
 Copyright (C) 1995-2013 - All Rights Reserved
 NCAR Command Language Version 6.1.2
 The use of this software is governed by a License Agreement.
 See http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/ for more details.
 No protocol specified
 warning:GKS:GOPWK: --X driver error: DISPLAY environment variable not set
 fatal:Workstation with PID#8 is not open
 fatal:Unable to open Workstation-Can't Create
 fatal:Unable to access object with id:-4
 fatal:_NhlCreate:Invalid Parent id #-4
 fatal:NhlGetValues:PID #-4 is invalid
 fatal:["Execute.c":8128]:Execute: Error occurred at or near line 11832
 in file $NCARG_ROOT/lib/ncarg/nclscripts/csm/gsn_code.ncl

 fatal:["Execute.c":8126]:Execute: Error occurred at or near line 12

 Finished running 'ncl < gsun01n'...

Thank You.
Sangeet Maharjan.