[ncl-install] does not locate libgfortran.3.dylib on mac

Mary Haley haley at ucar.edu
Fri Dec 27 09:21:15 MST 2013

Sangeeta,

Did you follow the instructions I gave you earlier for trying to find libgfortran.3.dylib using your Spotlight program, rather than "locate"?

The Spotlight program is a little magnifying glass at the upper right corner of your screen.

Here's the email I sent on December 20:

Sangeeta,

I recommend using your Mac search application to find this library. It looks like a little magnifying glass, probably in the upper right corner of your screen.

Type in "libgfortran.3.dylib" and it should find all instances of this file.  Holding down the Command and Option button at the same time while you hover over the filename should give you the path to the file.

On my system, I see this library in /opt/local/lib/libgcc and /usr/local/lib

What does your gfortran version report?

  gfortran --version

--Mary