[ncl-install] with regard to ncl_convert2nc

Mary Haley haley at ucar.edu
Mon Apr 19 08:16:57 MDT 2010

On Apr 18, 2010, at 10:44 PM, neelima wrote:

> Following your mail, I have made changes in the .bashrc file. Here
> is my .bashrc file
>
> export NCARG_ROOT=/ncl_ncarg-5.1.1.Linux_x86_64_gcc412.tar.gz_FILES/
> export PATH=/ncl_ncarg-5.1.1.Linux_x86_64_gcc412.tar.gz_FILES/bin/:
> $PATH

Neelima,

It looks like you don't have the full path correct.  Are your files
indeed installed
to the root directory "/
ncl_ncarg-5.1.1.Linux_x86_64_gcc412.tar.gz_FILES"?

Or, is this a subdirectory of another directory, say:  /home/neelima/
ncl_ncarg-5.1.1.Linux_x86_64_gcc412.tar.gz_FILES?

If you cd to this "ncl_ncarg-5.1.1.Linux_x86_64_gcc412.tar.gz_FILES"
directory and type:

    pwd

what does it report?

Also, if you can't run "env", then it sounds like something is wrong
with your UNIX shell.

What kind of window are you typing "env" from? Are you able to type
other UNIX
commands, like:

    ls

?