[ncl-install] ng4ex gsun01n fails with segmentation fault on gentoo x86

Mary Haley haley at ucar.edu
Mon Apr 19 08:13:27 MDT 2010

Pier,

You are running a rather old version of NCL.  You might want to
consider upgrading.

Did you install NCL from source code or from a precompiled binary?

If you installed from source code, then there might be a problem with
the configuration setup.

If you installed from a binary, then I suggest upgrading to NCL 5.2.0:

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Download/

If you installed from source code, I still recommend upgrading, but
we'll need to figure
out if your configuration is correct.  Can you send me the $NCARG/
config/LINUX file
you used, and your "make-output" file?

--Mary