[ncl-install] Cannot install NCL 5.2.0 binaries on RHEL 4 while 5.1.x did work before

Christian Pagé page.christian at gmail.com
Tue Apr 27 07:47:59 MDT 2010

Hi,

We have a problem here with the latest version of NCL 5.2.0 because we have
a server running RHEL 4:

% more /etc/redhat-release
Red Hat Enterprise Linux ES release 4 (Nahant Update 5)

% uname -a
Linux glodata 2.6.9-55.ELsmp #1 SMP Fri Apr 20 16:36:54 EDT 2007 x86_64
x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

We have no possibility to upgrade the OS because of a specific disk bay
interface.

We could install the binaries of NCL 5.1.x without any problems, but it
breaks with NCL 5.2.0 with the following error:

ncl: /lib64/tls/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.7' not found (required by ncl)

Would it be possible for you to release another binary version which would
be compatible? I would be very grateful if you could...
Compiling the NCL source would be another possibility for us, but this has
proven to be quite difficult... and unsuccessful yet.

With my best regards,

Christian Page