[ncarg-talk] How to read Meteosat data with HDF5 format in NCL .

Mary Haley haley at ucar.edu
Mon Jul 6 06:55:50 MDT 2015

Dear Seyed,

This email forum is for NCAR Graphics users, not NCL users.

first:

You can see lots of NCL examples of handling HDF data at:

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/HDF.shtml

Even though these examples don't explicitly mention the "ubyte" type, the
same instructions will apply whether you're using byte or ubyte  There are
some dim_gbits examples on that page.

I'm not sure we have specific METEOSAT examples, but if you post to the
ncl-talk email list, somebody there will probably ask if you can point to
any example files.

Good luck,

--Mary