[Narccap-topic-extremes] NARCCAP Extremes - What are you doing?

Bruce Anderson brucea at bu.edu
Tue Aug 16 10:57:27 MDT 2011

Hello everybody,

Our research focuses on two main issues:
1) Detecting historical trends in extremes, particularly precipitation and temperature
2) Monitoring and predicting future trends in extremes, particularly those that will occur in the "near" future (i.e. before the 2C global warming threshold currently bandied about in public policy discussions).

The work currently involves observational (gridded and station-based) data, along with coarse-scale global-model projections of future climate change.  Moving to regional-scale projections, however, is next on our to-do list.

All the best,
Bruce Anderson

Bruce T. Anderson, Associate Professor
Dep't. Of Geography and Environment, Boston University
675 Commonwealth Ave., Rm.457
Boston MA 02151
Ph: 617-353-4807
Email:brucea at bu.edu