[Narccap-topic-extremes] NARCCAP Extremes - What are you doing?

Philippe Roy philippe.k.roy at gmail.com
Tue Aug 16 08:01:46 MDT 2011

Hello Jeremy,

I've just seen your post about your work on heat events. I'm working
also on some indices related to heat waves and I'm in the process of
defining an adequate indice definition for heat waves. For now, it is
solely based on the seasonal maximum of consecutive days where Tmax is
over 30C and Tmin over 20C.

I do understand that it might not be sufficient, especially in terms of
health applications. Do you think that I should also use the relative
humidity?

I'd be interested to hear what kind of approach you are planning to use.

Thanks!,
Philippe