[Narccap-topic-extremes] NARCCAP Extremes - What are you doing?

Jana Sillmann Jana.Sillmann at ec.gc.ca
Tue Aug 16 11:40:24 MDT 2011

Hello everyone,
I am using the NARCCAP models to study how realistically the models
represent the linkage between ENSO and extreme precipitation that has
been revealed in observations over the North American continent. My
analysis focus on spatial patterns and changes in frequency and
amplitude of extreme precipitation during ENSO events. I am using
indices for extremes as well as extreme value theory for non-stationary
processes. Some results I will present in a poster at the WCRP Open
Science Conference in Denver this October. Hopefully I will have the
chance to meet some of you there!

Cheers,
Jana

- Dr. Jana Sillmann                                   -
- Canadian Centre for Climate Modelling and Analysis  -
- University of Victoria                              -
- PO Box 3065 STN CSC                                 -
- Victoria BC  V8W 3V6 CANADA                         -
- phone +1 250 363 8229                               -
- web http://climate.uvic.ca/people/jsillmann         -