[mpas-developers] MPAS Restart I/O

Soyoung Ha syha at ucar.edu
Tue Oct 25 12:26:44 MDT 2011

Just to add a comment on it -
This capability of splitting up restart files per time is particularly useful for the data assimilation context in a cycling mode. Recently we found it more accurate (and physically more reasonable) to use a restart file (rather than a model output) as a first guess for data assimilation, so it is certainly more convenient to pick up just one restart file at a single time (which corresponds to the cycling frequency) from the previous cycle.

Soyoung