[Hearts-of-GOLD] FW: [GOLD-network] Fwd: Urgent: Combating Systemic Racism in STEM--Follow Up

Sim D. Aberson sim.aberson at noaa.gov
Sat Aug 29 06:30:13 MDT 2020

Hi Grady,

I'd love to sign, but have two questions.

The statement deals with systemic racism in academia and seems (to me)
to be geared toward signatories who are in academia themselves.  Is it
appropriate for those like me who are outside of academia to be signatories?

Can I freely distribute this to my own network?

Sim

On 8/28/20 6:14 PM, Grady Dixon via Hearts-of-GOLD wrote:
> Disappointingly, it has been more than a year since I have sent anything
> to this email list. For that, I apologize. I will try to do better.
> There are currently multiple ongoing efforts to continue the work of the
> NSF GOLD projects.
>

> In the meantime, see the note below sent to a GOLD colleague by one of
> the original coauthors of the attached (and linked) statement to be
> published in /Science./ If you agree with the statement, and if you feel
> obligated to “sign,” the links to add your name are below.
>

> I hope you all are well.

> P. Grady Dixon
>
> Professor and Dean,
>
> Werth College of Science, Technology, and Mathematics
>
> Fort Hays State University
>
> pgdixon at fhsu.edu
>
> he/him/his

Sim Aberson (he/him/his)
NOAA/AOML/Hurricane Research Division   Miami, FL
https://www.aoml.noaa.gov/hrd/people/simdaberson/