[Grad-postdoc-assn] Orlando Shooting - if you need to talk or need assistance

Rebecca Haacker rhaacker at ucar.edu
Mon Jun 13 15:57:46 MDT 2016

Dear all,

In the light of the terrible tragedy in Orlando this weekend, I want to
reach out to all of you and offer my support.  This has been an incredibly
sad weekend for all of us, especially for those of us in the LGBTQ or
Hispanic community. I want to assure you that you are supported by all of
us here at NCAR. Equally I am reaching out to our peers of Muslim faith, as
it is heart breaking so see an entire faith being blamed for the actions of
one sick individual (in some media outlets and commentary).

If you need to talk, you can come see me or my staff in the SOARS/ASP
offices - we are on the second floor of FL2, opposite the 2006 conference
room. If you are up at the Mesa Lab, you can come and find either me in the
ASP offices (ML 185, x8623) or Carolyn Brinkworth, ML186, x1137.

If you are hosted/ funded by ASP and are directly impacted and need to
travel to Florida to be with family and friends, please call Paula or I. We
will try to help.

Kind regards,
Rebecca

Rebecca Haacker