[Grad-postdoc-assn] Fwd: Forum for Science, Ethics, and Policy (FOSEP) -- seeking postdocs

Paula Fisher paulad at ucar.edu
Mon Jun 13 09:32:33 MDT 2016

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: pac_universe (Leah Elizabeth Colvin Wanshura) <
pac_universe at lists.colorado.edu>
Date: Mon, Jun 13, 2016 at 8:56 AM
Subject: Forum for Science, Ethics, and Policy (FOSEP) -- seeking postdocs
To: "pac_universe at lists.colorado.edu" <pac_universe at lists.colorado.edu>

Dear Postdocs,

The Forum for Science, Ethics, and Policy (FOSEP) is a group of postdocs,
graduate and professional students that promotes civic dialog about issues
at the intersection of science and society across our campus and community.
The next FOSEP discussion will take place next Thursday, June 23rd at
noon; *please
see below for more information.*

*Leah Colvin Wanshura*

Director

Office of Postdoctoral Affairs

Regent Administrative Center 99 UCB | 1B72

University of Colorado Boulder

Boulder, Colorado 80309

*O 303 492 9137 <303%20492%209137>*

*Drop-In Hours: Wednesdays 2:00 – 4:00 PM*

*http://www.colorado.edu/postdoctoralaffairs/
<http://www.colorado.edu/postdoctoralaffairs/>*

[image: PDA_left_email]

Our next FOSEP (Forum on Science Ethics and Policy) Discussion Group is
coming up next week. This monthly event gives those of us involved with
and/or just interested in science policy the opportunity to learn about and
discuss a range of contemporary issues in a friendly environment. Our next
discussion will take place next *Thursday, June 23rd at 12pm*. We will meet
for lunch at the *UMC cafeteria seating across from the Alferd Packer
Restaurant and Grill area*. Tasha Snow will be leading this week's
gathering and will have a FOSEP sign to reel everyone in to our table. The
article we will discuss is attached: "Winning coalitions for climate change
<http://science.sciencemag.org/content/349/6253/1170>".

We conduct this discussion group monthly; anyone is welcome to join at any
time -- no commitment! Anyone who is interested is encouraged to *join the
FOSEP mailing list
<http://sciencepolicy.colorado.edu/students/fosep/join/index.html>* to
receive updates and journal articles for future discussions. We'll also
post summaries of the discussions afterwards on the *FOSEP blog
<https://fosepcu.wordpress.com/>*, for anyone who is unable to attend in
person.

--

Liz Specht, Ph.D.