[Grad-postdoc-assn] Orlando Shooting - if you need to talk or need assistance

Carolyn Brinkworth carolyn at ucar.edu
Mon Jun 13 16:22:55 MDT 2016

Dear all,

Thank you to Rebecca for sending this email, and I would like to add my
personal thoughts and offer of support to all of you. Please, if any of you
need to talk, don't hesitate in walking into my office or the SOARS office.
Our doors are always open and we will always make time for you.

To those of you who are part of the LGBTQIA and Latinx community: this
weekend has been incredibly rough and sad for our community. This shooting
happened during LGBTQ Pride month, when we celebrate our identities and our
community's collective courage, and also support each other in our losses.
I am proud, every day, to be a part of such a resilient, vibrant,
courageous, colorful, creative, and fiercely loving community, and to offer
my unreserved support to all communities of colour. I want to urge you all
to find the support you need and reach out if you need to talk.

To those of you who are part of the Muslim community, I also want to offer
my support. The actions of one individual do not define a faith; we have
your back at all times, and especially right now. Our offices are safe
spaces for you.

To all of you: please look out for your friends and colleagues. Talk to
each other and be kind to each other, and please let me know if there's
anything you need.

All the best,

Carolyn

--

Carolyn Brinkworth
Director for Diversity, Education & Outreach

303-497-1137

--
All that glitters has a high refractive index