[Grad-postdoc-assn] NO pub social this Thursday!

tilmes at ucar.edu tilmes at ucar.edu
Thu May 8 12:54:46 MDT 2008

Dear all,

we will cancel the social tonight! I am very sorry to announce this,
since we usually have a good outcome of the socials.
This time, however, almost nobody really seemed to be interested in
this event.

The socials are there for everybody to meet once in a months to just
chat, drink and eat something and communicate. It is not mandatory to
attend these social and nobody is forced to socialize ;)

However, I think it, is nice to provide the possibility to meet and
get to know each other besides the usually meetings at work.

My suggestion is, that everybody should think of one social they would
like to have and send it to us. Again not mandatory. The social
committee usually sends out the emails and reminders, so there is not
much more work, than just thinking of a good restaurant you think
people and you like, a party, trip. So we could collect ideas for the
next months and organize them.

But, I would really get a response whether people are interested in
these events or not. If I do not get a response, I assume you are not
interested at all.

Hope we get some reply,

thanks, the social committee!!!