[Grad-postdoc-assn] ASP Social

Paula Fisher paulad at ucar.edu
Sun Sep 9 12:34:03 MDT 2007

This is just a reminder about the fall picnic coming up on Friday:
    Family Picnic
    Harlow Platts Park
    3:30 - 6:00 pm

ASP will provide food and drinks (water, soft drinks, juice, beer, and
wine).  All postdocs and graduate students in the organization are
invited to attend along with family members.  We ask that you RSVP with
the number of people in your group (adults and children). The park is
located near the South Boulder Rec Center.  A map is attached.

Directions:
-From Table Mesa Drive, turn south onto Gillaspie Drive
-Take Gillaspie drive just past the South Boulder Rec Center
-You will see a parking lot on the left and a pavilion next to the
lake.  That's it!

The Skip bus drops off very close to the picnic location.  You can see a
map here:
http://gisweb.ci.boulder.co.us/website/pds/Transportation_gisweb/viewer.htm?frame=3&layers=01

There have been several cases of West Nile Virus reported in Boulder
County.  West Nile Virus is transmitted by mosquitos.  Because we will
be near a lake, we recommend as a precautionary measure that you wear
long pants and long sleeves just in case there are a few mosquitos left
in the area.  ASP will also have some insect repellent on hand for those
who wish to use it.

There are picnic tables located in the pavilion, but portable lawn
chairs are also nice.  If you are driving and you have some portable
chairs, please try to remember to bring them along.

Please RSVP to Paula Fisher (paulad at ucar.edu) if you plan to attend by
September 12th.

Paula