[Go-essp-tech] We need a place for known bugs

Sylvia Murphy Sylvia.Murphy at noaa.gov
Mon Nov 28 15:37:51 MST 2011

Hi Everyone,

As I wrote in my previous mail I have been working on a table on the ESGF wiki that lists the known metadata bugs by gateway installation.  That table is for system administrators and developers however.

I think we also need a place on the gateway or some other publicly acceptable site where known bugs can be listed so that users are not confused by issues they come across.   Jamie Kettlebourough from the UK Met Office sent out an similar suggestion earlier today about the status of data nodes, so I think this is timely.

Whatever solution we go with should be readily identifiable.  It we make it part of the gateway itself the content could be broken up by section (e.g. metadata known bugs would should up on the metadata pages, openID bugs on the login page etc), and modifiable outside of a release in case things are fixed outside of the software.

What are everyone's thoughts on this?  Options?

Cheers,
Sylvia
Sylvia Murphy
NESII/CIRES/NOAA Earth System Research Laboratory
325 Broadway, Boulder CO 80305
Email: sylvia.murphy at noaa.gov
Phone: 303-497-7753
Fax: 303-497-7649