[Go-essp-tech] trackback data to metadata working at badc

Bryan Lawrence bryan.lawrence at ncas.ac.uk
Wed Nov 9 07:13:42 MST 2011

Hi Cecelia

I should say that it is working perfectly traversing from data to metadata, without us doing anything specific (GOOD!) As Stephen points out though, there is a disconnect if you try and get from metadata to data that isn't on the local gateway ...

To see it working well, look at:
http://cmip-gw.badc.rl.ac.uk/trackback/query.htm?id=esg%3amodel_hadgem2-es_picontrol&session=true&fromSearch=true
and navigate from the output tab to the data ... (one has to open the data collections +)

And coming back there is a box on the summary data page
http://cmip-gw.badc.rl.ac.uk/dataset/cmip5.output1.MOHC.HadGEM2-ES.piControl.6hr.atmos.6hrPlev.r1i1p1.html>

LIke I say, it doesn' work well if all the data and metadata are not colocated - but it works pretty well when they are! Big progress.

Cheers
Bryan