[Go-essp-tech] Local thredds server access problem

Tom Barron tbarron at ornl.gov
Thu Nov 3 07:23:57 MDT 2011

I may be saying the same thing as Estani in different words...

FWIW, I see this issue when I ingest into Solr using an alias for the
portal host rather than its definitive name. I.e., our machine esg-vm-
demo02.ccs.ornl.gov has as an alias bones.ccs.ornl.gov (the Startrek
character). If I use the 'bones' alias when ingesting data into Solr,
I get the redirection error Serguei sent when trying to retrieve that
data. If I use 'esg-vm-demo02' when ingesting, it seems like data
retrieval works better (I get 'Access denied', which we think in due
to my not bein in the right group).

Tom