[ES_JOBS_NET] Postdoctoral Researcher – Sensing and Data Analytics. NREL, Golden, CO
Christine.Wiedinmyer at Colorado.EDU
Thu Mar 29 12:59:25 MDT 2018
· Posting Title
Postdoctoral Researcher – Sensing and Data Analytics
CO - Golden
Postdoc (Fixed Term)
Hours Per Week
The Sensing and Predictive Analytics group at NREL is looking for an accomplished and dynamic candidate with a positive attitude and excellent collaboration skills to join our cutting-edge research team to work on sensing and data analytics technology for energy systems applications. The ideal candidate will bring a strong track record in sensor network optimization, spatial and temporal analytics, clustering and decomposition, machine learning preferably with applications to energy systems. The candidate should demonstrate experience in algorithms development and hardware development using micro-controllers.
The successful candidate will work towards the development of advanced sensor networks, data aggregation and processing, and advanced data analytics for multi-energy systems with high penetration of distributed sources. The candidate will be part of the Sensing and Predictive Analytics group under the Power Systems Engineering Center (PSEC) at NREL. PSEC supports the science and technology goals of the U.S. Department of Energy and NREL toward a sustainable energy future. The center works with the electricity industry to optimize strategies for effectively interconnecting renewable resources and emerging energy efficiency technologies in the existing electric power system. The center focuses on resolving grid integration barriers and providing improved control and management strategies for increased grid flexibility, consumer empowerment, and transportation electrification.
The job responsibilities include:
· Publish results in top technical journals and conference proceedings; present work at conferences, symposia, and review meetings
· Collaborate with management and senior staff to develop proposals in the area of data analytics for next-generation energy systems
· Execute major projects as a principal technical contributor
· Demonstrate leadership in several areas of team, task, or project lead responsibilities
· Provide reports on technical work and input to technical publications and presentations
· Follow all Environment, Safety, and Health policies and procedures to ensure and maintain a safe working environment
Required Education, Experience, and Skills
Must be a recent PhD graduate within the last three years.
Ideal candidates will have a background and expertise in one or more of the following topics:
· Sensor and measurements
· Signal processing
· Data analytics
· Machine learning
· Convex and nonconvex optimization
· Estimation and forecasting
· Demonstrates broad understanding and wide application of principles, theories, and concepts in operations, controls, and optimization of power systems areas
· General knowledge of other related disciplines
· Hardware development and testing experience with DSP, PLC, and microcontroller.
· Experience in communication protocols used in power systems
· Proficiency in one or more of the following programming languages: Python, Julia, Java, C, C++, C#
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at NREL you must submit an application form for each position for which you believe you are qualified. Applications are not kept on file for future positions. Please include a cover letter and resume with each position application.
NREL is dedicated to the principles of equal employment opportunity. NREL promotes a work environment that does not discriminate against workers or job applicants and prohibits unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, ancestry, actual or perceived sexual orientation, or veteran status, including special disabled veterans.
NREL validates right to work using E-Verify. NREL will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. For additional information, click here<http://www.nrel.gov/careers/employment-policies.html>.
· Apply with LinkedIn
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Es_jobs_net