[ES_JOBS_NET] Assistant Dean for Diversity, Inclusivity, and Thriving; University of Richmond
Christine.Wiedinmyer at Colorado.EDU
Wed Jul 25 08:50:17 MDT 2018
The Assistant Dean for Diversity, Inclusivity, and Thriving will report directly to the Dean of the School of Arts & Sciences and will coordinate, support, and advance the School's diversity and inclusion efforts. This position will support pedagogy, scholarship and creative endeavors, and help develop connections between and among students and faculty, and will help to support the service obligations of the professoriate as it pertains to diversity and inclusion.
Preparing the Community
Coordinate A&S efforts around inclusive pedagogy, classroom climate, and helping faculty to be at the forefront of a community that values diversity, inclusivity, and leadership in a global world.
* Coordinate A&S's inclusive pedagogy efforts;
* Work with the Provost's Office to coordinate and communicate seminars and training for faculty and staff regarding inclusive classrooms;
* Work with Deans of Westhampton and Richmond Colleges on issues regarding campus and classroom climate.
Building the Community
Coordinate A&S's faculty and staff recruiting efforts, including
* Oversee the assignment of a Diversity Advocate for each search committee in A&S, in collaboration with Common Ground, Human Resources and the Provost's Office (Associate Provost for Faculty);
* Work with search committees to develop and sustain strong, inclusive search practices for creating position descriptions, job ad placement, and recruiting techniques, as well as other means of proactively seeking diverse pools of candidates;
* Coordinate with the Office of Institutional Effectiveness for A&S benchmarking, goal-setting, and reporting, regarding efforts to diversify A&S faculty and staff
Sustaining the Community
Coordinate initiatives across A&S and in partnership with faculty and staff, CCE, Common Ground, Human Resources, the President and Provost's Offices through, for example, the formation of a Steering Committee, which might include faculty, staff, and students.
Other duties as assigned by the dean
* Ability to teach, conduct research or artistic projects, which allows the person to interact with students and faculty on their own academic and scholarly terms;
* Demonstrated success in building relationships and gaining consensus from a diverse constituency that includes students, faculty, and staff;
* Notable professional leadership, including participation in professional organizations, presentations at professional conferences and a record of publication, is strongly preferred;
* Active engagement and familiarity with current and emerging best practices and issues in equity, diversity, and inclusion in colleges and universities;
* Proven leadership in administrative roles within a complex university structure, ability to facilitate organizational change;
* Sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse perspectives that faculty and staff bring to their work, including academic perspectives and experiences deriving from race, socioeconomic status, ethnicity, ability, gender, religion, sexuality and other intersectional identities, are essential;
* Strategic problem solving and high emotional intelligence.
* Demonstrated understanding of inclusive pedagogy
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
* Master's Degree required (including the MFA), Ph.D. preferred in one of the fields represented in the School of Arts & Sciences
* At least ten years of professional experience in an American college or university in a teaching and administrative role.
* Full-time, exempt, limited term position (anticipated end date 07/31/2021)
* Scheduled may vary; approximately 30 hrs./week
* Business hours are: Monday - Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
* Occasional evening and weekend work
Pay Grade 8
To see more detailed salary information please review the University of Richmond's Compensation Structure.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Es_jobs_net