[ES_JOBS_NET] Director of Environmental Sustainability & Compliance, Vail Resorts, Colorado
Christine.Wiedinmyer at Colorado.EDU
Tue Jan 30 18:28:42 MST 2018
Director of Environmental Sustainability & Compliance
Date: Jan 25, 2018
Location: Broomfield, CO, US
Company: Vail Resorts
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's most innovative companies and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
The Director of Environmental Sustainability and Compliance leads the decentralized environmental team as they drive company-wide success in environmental sustainability and compliance programs.
* Responsible for planning and directing all of the organization's environmental sustainability activities.
* Creating and driving programs to reach company's Epic Promise for a Zero Footprint goals. Sustainability programs will achieve net zero emissions, zero waste to landfill and zero impact on forest, and inspire even greater action through best practices, sharing our innovations, and changing behaviors to achieve success.
* Overseeing environmental compliance including drafting policy and programs to be implemented across all lines of business.
* Create, implement and oversee execution of the company's vision to achieve Zero Footprint by 2030.
* Commitment includes: zero net emissions by 2030; zero waste to landfill by 2030; and zero impact to forest
* Programs include:
* Energy efficiency - capital investment and operational changes
* Procurement of renewable energy (onsite and offsite)
* Enterprise-wide and resort specific zero waste programs
* Employee engagement in all aspects of the program
* Sustainability - tracking and reporting efforts
* Manage a team of environmental managers at 8 western resorts, each who implement Project Zero/sustainability initiatives and an environmental compliance program at their resort.
* Articulates, implements and promotes the organization's vision of sustainability both internally and externally.
* Represent company as global leader in sustainability
* Propose to and work with company's top leadership to determine priorities to achieve Zero Footprint and oversee all execution.
* Oversee implementation of environmental compliance program, including: program creation, training, accountability process and regulatory communications.
* Areas of focus include: fuel tanks, hazardous material management/disposal, air permitting and storm water.
* Manage compliance team.
* 15+ years experience in environmental sustainability or related field
* 6+ years managerial experience
* Bachelor's Degree, MBA preferred
* Strong verbal/written communication - adept at messaging
* Demonstrated ability and strong track record on successful execution of large scale projects
* Demonstrated ability to manage and influence diverse stakeholders, both inside and outside the
* Ability to be flexible
* Ability to drive enterprise-wide program and work on multiple assignments at once
* Strategic thinking and leadership skills
* Contemporary knowledge of best practices for successful sustainability programs in a diversity of companies needed.
* 5+ years experience in environmental compliance a plus
We offer a variety of career opportunities at our world-class resorts and corporate headquarters near Boulder, Colorado in fields like Finance & Accounting, Human Resources, Information Technology, Legal, Public Affairs & Sustainability, Marketing, Sales & Communications and more. Our corporate team shares both a passion for the outdoors and a drive to re-imagine the mountain resort experience around the world. Learn more at www.vailresortscareers.com<http://www.vailresortscareers.com/>
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Es_jobs_net