[ES_JOBS_NET] Staff Geoscientist I, Environmental Standards, Inc., Valley Forge, PA
Christine.Wiedinmyer at Colorado.EDU
Sun Jan 7 08:09:26 MST 2018
Staff Geoscientist I
Valley Forge, PA
# of Openings:
This position is considered "entry-level" for professional environmental geosciences work. Employee will be closely supervised on virtually all aspects of an environmental and/or geologic assignment. Considerable overnight travel and field work will be required of employees in this position.
Employee will exercise very limited independent judgment in day-to-day responsibilities.
Essential Job Functions
* Collect field data in an organized and concise manner, consistent with and as prescribed by corporate and client standard operating procedures and work plans;
* Assisting with project fieldwork.Fieldwork activities may include groundwater, soil, sediment, and surface water sampling at local and national project locations;
* Execute work plans at project sites;
* Required to take field direction;
* Exercise considerable care in following directions and various project control documents;
* Occasional supervision of subcontractors in the field;
* Limited report preparation and client interaction;
* Additional duties as may be assigned.
Desired Skills and Experience
The following qualifications are preferred:
* Minimum of a B.Sc. in Geology or an allied science from an accredited college or university;
* Experience with Microsoft Office software, particularly MS Word and MS Excel;
* Experience in ArcGIS is preferred;
* Able to read, write, speak and comprehend the English language;
* Capable of executing physical demands associated with typical environmental field duties as verified through an annual physical examination;
* No prior experience is required;
* OSHA 1910.120 trained preferred.
* Able to collect and synthesize geologic data in the field;
* Ability to execute, existing work scopes and investigative plans;
* Must have a basic understanding of geologic principles and their application to field circumstances;
* Able to use a variety of office equipment, such as computers, fax machines, photocopiers, scanners, and videoconferencing and telephone systems.
* Computer literate - capable of performing tasks such as: create spreadsheets; compose correspondence; manage databases; and create presentations, reports, and documents using desktop software and digital graphics;
* Able to learn and deploy commonly used field equipment such as depth to water meters, free product detection tools, soil and groundwater sampling equipment;
* Exhibit discretion and good judgment;
* Ability to work independently;
* Must be able to observe and record field events as they happen with care and accuracy.
Environmental Standards, Inc. is a privately held environmental consulting firm headquartered in Valley Forge, Pennsylvania. Established in 1987, the firm provides consulting expertise in the areas of environmental chemistry quality assurance, environmental project quality assurance, consulting geosciences, environmental data management/information technologies, emergency response quality assurance oversight, and health & safety support.
We have an established reputation for excellence in providing environmental consulting services. Since our inception in 1987, we have enjoyed long-term relationships with Fortune 500 companies and continue to provide high-quality environmental chemistry consulting services using emerging science and technologies.
Our approach allows businesses to focus on their core operations by evaluating pre-existing environmental situations, responding to immediate environmental needs, and developing plans to prevent liabilities down the road, all while setting the standards for innovative environmental solutions.
We are an 80-person firm located in an attractive office building and enjoy a relaxed working environment. Environmental Standards is an equal opportunity employer.
Thank you for your interest in Environmental Standards.
Environmental Standards does not accept recruiting agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Environmental Standards employees, or any other company location. Environmental Standards is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
This position offers the following competitive benefits:
* Health, Vision and Dental Insurance for You and Your Dependents
* Prescription Drug Plan
* Employee Assistance Program
* Employee Entertainment Discount Programs & Other Merchant Discounts
* Short/Long-Term Disability Insurance
* Group Life Insurance
* Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
* Health Spending Account (HSA)
* Dependent Care Account
* 401(k) Program with Company Match
* Generous Paid Vacation, Sick/Occasional Time and Holidays
* Tuition Reimbursement
* Direct Deposit
* Referral Bonuses
* Professional Development (Training and Mentoring Program)
* Casual Work Environment
* Voluntary benefits including pet insurance
No phone calls, please.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Es_jobs_net