[ES_JOBS_NET] Geoscience Technical Support Specialist, Dynamic Graphics, Inc. - Alameda, CA / Houston, TX
Christine.Wiedinmyer at Colorado.EDU
Sat Jan 6 09:17:43 MST 2018
Geoscience Technical Support Specialist
Dynamic Graphics, Inc. - Alameda, CA
Dynamic Graphics is looking for talented, ambitious scientists / engineers who want to apply their problem-solving skills to assist clients in the Oil and Gas Industry. Dynamic Graphics is a software company applying state-of-the-art technology allowing our clients to model, visualize, and plan spatial solutions to achieve the maximum value from their subsurface assets.
The Technical Support Specialist position focuses on providing exceptional support for clients, as well as software quality-control for our product family, which includes EarthVision(r), CoViz(r) 4D, and WellArchitect(r). Initially, the successful applicant will be involved in software quality control as a way to learn the software and help improve performance. This position also involves work with clients in both support and pre-sales activities. The position is available in Alameda, CA or Houston, TX.
Please submit a cover letter and resume. In your cover letter, please address the following questions:
* Describe a time when you took the lead on significantly improving a process.
* Describe an instance of quantitative analysis in which you were involved.
Applications that do not include a cover letter, and cover letters not addressing the above two questions will not be considered. No company-sponsored visa available for this position. Dynamic Graphics, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Responsibilities and Duties
* Software testing and quality control
* Thorough understanding of the DGI defect tracking databases and related systems
* Maintenance, updates, and oversight of automated testing systems
* Close collaboration with software developers and distributed technical staff for software defect identification and resolution
* Working closely with product management to accommodate fast-changing priorities
* Creating technical documentation, and potentially training material
* Client support relating to software technical issues; new feature discussions
* Other duties, as assigned
Qualifications and Skills
* Science / Mathematics / Engineering degree
* Strong quantitative background
* Very strong analytical / logical mindset
* Desire to work with global leaders in the energy industry
* Must be an independent thinker, and proven problem-solver
* Masters Degree or higher in the physical sciences / math / engineering
* 3+ years experience, preferably in a fast-paced software creation environment
* Strong scripting skills (e.g., Python, Perl, Matlab, Bourne shell, macro languages, SQL)
* Demonstrable software testing experience (both manual / interactive testing and automated regression testing)
* Experience with database programming and usage
* Experience with both Linux and Windows operating systems
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical & dental coverage, 401(k), 5 weeks PTO + 5 holidays, health and dependent care 125 plan, basic life / AD&D.
Job Type: Full-time
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Es_jobs_net