[Cosmic_announce] COSMIC data outage

Bill Schreiner schrein at ucar.edu
Sun Mar 9 23:02:20 MDT 2014

Dear weather center personnel,

You should know that the experimental data feed currently in place
has error characteristics similar to the operational data feed that
is still currently inactive. However, this experimental feed is based on
our new code base and there is some small risk that these data could behave
differently when assimilated into your systems. Because of this, you should consider
suspending assimilation of COSMIC data until the operational feed is
back on line.

Please let us know asap if you experience any anomalous data.

We will send out another notification when the operational data feed is re-established.

Thank you for your patience,
Bill Schreiner and the CDAAC Team