CEDAR email: Please post the following

Anderson, Phillip phillip.anderson1 at utdallas.edu
Mon Jul 17 14:19:00 MDT 2023

Dear Colleagues,

We invite you to consider submitting an abstract to the SA021 session in SPA-Aeronomy at the AGU Fall Meeting, 2023 to be held in San Francisco, CA, 11-15 December, 2023.

Session Title: SA021 - The Geospace Dynamics Constellation (GDC): Research Goals, Opportunities, and Instrumentation

Session Description:
GDC is a six-satellite constellation, designed to investigate the dynamics of the coupling between the ionosphere and thermosphere, with two primary goals: (1) understand how the high latitude ionosphere-thermosphere system responds to variable solar wind/magnetosphere forcing and (2) understand how internal processes in the global ionosphere-thermosphere system redistribute mass, momentum, and energy. Its orbital configuration will allow, for the first time, coverage of the full range of temporal and spatial scales in the I-T system.
We invite presentations describing the GDC instrumentation and interdisciplinary science planned. In addition, presentations on possible investigations using the GDC measurements in conjunction with other data sources and modeling efforts are solicited, including ideas for synthesizing the vast amounts of data engendered. We also solicit presentations on current missions and potential future missions that are synergistic with GDC, as well as presentations focused on the societal and industrial benefits, such as communications and orbital drag.

Abstract Submission Deadline: Wednesday, 2 August 2023 23:59 EDT/03:59 +1 GMT

We look forward to receiving your contributions.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact one of the session conveners.

Sincerely,

Phil Anderson
Phillip.anderson1 at utdallas.edu<mailto:Phillip.anderson1 at utdallas.edu>

Doug Rowland
douglas.e.rowland at nasa.gov<mailto:douglas.e.rowland at nasa.gov>

Aaron Ridley
ridley at umich.edu<mailto:ridley at umich.edu>

Bea Gallardo-Lacourt
bea.gallardolacourt at nasa.gov

Dr. Phillip C. Anderson
University of Texas at Dallas
Director, W. B. Hanson Center for Space Sciences
800 W. Campbell Rd.  MS WT15
Richardson, TX 75080
work: 972-883-2875
cell: 469-371-3744