CEDAR email: AGU session: Down to Earth with Space Weather

Love, Jeffrey J jlove at usgs.gov
Mon Jul 10 14:58:43 MDT 2023

AGU Session: Down to Earth with Space Weather: Magnetic-Storm Induced Geoelectric Fields, Currents, and Impacts

Please consider submitting an abstract to the "Down to Earth with Space Weather" session of the Fall American Geophysical Union Meeting in San Francisco.

Session summary: Geoelectric fields, induced in the electrically conducting Earth by storm-time geomagnetic field variation, can interfere with the transmission of electric power -- sometimes causing blackouts and damaging power-system infrastructure. Accurate estimation of such storm-induction hazards tests our scientific understanding, and it is needed for practical applications. For this session, we invite abstracts documenting recent progress in analyzing storm-induction hazards, including historical events, statistical and scenario analyses, physics-based and empirically-based modeling, retrospective and real-time modeling, measurement, monitoring and surveying, prediction and forecasting, error analysis, model validation, system vulnerabilities and impacts, risk.

Abstract are due on Wednesday, August 2.

https://www.agu.org/Fall-Meeting
https://agu.confex.com/agu/fm23/prelim.cgi/Session/189556

Thank you, Jeffrey Love and on behalf of Xueling Shi and Dogacan Su Ozturk
https://jeffreylove.org<https://jeffreylove.org/>
https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Xueling-Shi
https://sites.google.com/alaska.edu/dsozturkhomepage/

Jeffrey J. Love